PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Debates

banana_sam
11-21-2005, 01:39 PM
I've been getting a large number of membership requests, and there seems to be tremendous interest in this group. However, a large number of these requests are from users I rarely see post.

In order to evaluate some of these potential members, tomorrow I will be creating a debate thread in General Chat to test them. If anyone has any ideas for the topic, please post here. If not, I'll just choose one myself.

dt
11-21-2005, 01:41 PM
Why dont you just let everyone in and kick them if they spam or something.

banana_sam
11-21-2005, 01:43 PM
Cause that was Andover's system basically. The problem with doing it that way is that it requires a really heavy hand when moderating, which is not what I'm going for here.

EyeOfFire
11-22-2005, 03:54 AM
hmm, am i a member yet?

Edit: Oh i see i am... cool I was just testing it.

banana_sam
11-22-2005, 07:52 PM
lol, welcome then. :)

Andover[yT]
11-25-2005, 12:25 PM
hmmm, I am quite suprised you let me in considering how much u disliked my moderating skills, but the General forum thread u make to test people should try to stay refreshed for 1 week so that everyone who logs on through the week (some people on different days) get the chance to prove themselves.

EyeOfFire
11-26-2005, 07:49 PM
Yeah I'm suprised he let you in too. And if you want to stay in, I wouldn't go giving him advice on how to run his forum. You can't even run your own.

llafnwod
11-27-2005, 11:04 AM
Yeah I'm suprised he let you in too. And if you want to stay in, I wouldn't go giving him advice on how to run his forum. You can't even run your own.Was that a tone of superiority I detected? Let it never escape your fingers again.

banana_sam
11-29-2005, 07:46 PM
']hmmm, I am quite suprised you let me in considering how much u disliked my moderating skills, but the General forum thread u make to test people should try to stay refreshed for 1 week so that everyone who logs on through the week (some people on different days) get the chance to prove themselves.Hm, that's not a bad idea. While I may not have liked you as a moderator, you still are able to follow a topic and advance it with logical replies. I told you, I'm not considering grudges here. If I feel that a user can contribute, he's in.

BloodyBlade
11-29-2005, 08:07 PM
Hm, that's not a bad idea. While I may not have liked you as a moderator, you still are able to follow a topic and advance it with logical replies. I told you, I'm not considering grudges here. If I feel that a user can contribute, he's in.But of course, just like our secret fort under the bed sheets -- no girls allowed!

Andover, what in the hell do moderating skills have to do with debating skills?

EyeOfFire
12-01-2005, 02:16 AM
Was that a tone of superiority I detected? Let it never escape your fingers again.
I don't speak from my fingers downfall. And yes, it was. Given Andover's current degree of intelligence, I feel that an iguana has the opportunity to act on him with a sense of superiority.

Hm, that's not a bad idea. While I may not have liked you as a moderator, you still are able to follow a topic and advance it with logical replies. I told you, I'm not considering grudges here. If I feel that a user can contribute, he's in.
:( I got pwned. I assumed that it was only natural for it to stay active. Perhaps get a mod to sticky it temporarily - and then remove it once it's been used.

banana_sam
12-09-2005, 07:47 PM
Have I done my own group in with my negligence?