View Full Version : Identifying effect

11-20-2005, 02:54 AM
I need to know how the "starburst" around the circle done and how to recreate such an effect, so I can do the same for a design I'm working on.

Can anyone help?

11-20-2005, 04:12 AM
First create a pattern.
Second use Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates
Lastly draw a circle at the center.

Hope this helps http://www.bwhacks.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=3208&d=1132398479

11-20-2005, 04:26 AM
That's tight...

11-20-2005, 05:16 AM
Thanks aka. Doubt I'll post my work here though, client might not like it. :)

11-20-2005, 05:35 AM
What kind of work do you do, SubZero?

11-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Nothing, really. I'm still schooling, but I got this proposal from a friend to deisng a poster for an event. And I wouldn't mind the extra cash for my absinthe fund:)

Okay problem number 2.

I want to get the first image to look SOMETHING like the 2nd one, but with PROPER(not brushed, that was for illustration) curves, but I've no idea how to do that either. Any way I can do that?

I'm guessing shearing, but I tried tons of angles, and can't get that effect.

11-20-2005, 09:01 AM
i dont understand what you want to get

11-20-2005, 09:12 AM
Like this? :)

11-20-2005, 09:21 AM
Select the image, then press CTRL + T to transform.
Right click on the image to select "warp" and then make the first right turn.
After that, use a mirror effect. :)

Upload screenshot.

11-20-2005, 09:34 AM
Don't have CS2, sorry. Running Photoshop 7, and there's no "warp" function

And yes, vash, like that. Sorta.

11-20-2005, 10:13 AM
I need CS2. :/:

11-20-2005, 11:06 AM
If you can get the selection like in the screenshot, just manually drag the handles.

11-20-2005, 08:51 PM
I can't get those selections. I think Photoshop 7 dosen't have them. But I believe it's possible to be done another way, I hope...

11-20-2005, 08:59 PM
CS or CS2 Doesn't take long to download if you really need it. Any other way I think is to do it manually. Marquee Circle tool, hold shift(Perfect Circle), make your selection. Get the other Marquee tool and just make the big line shapes under the circle and then merge them together.


11-21-2005, 02:48 AM
I've grabbed a copy of PhotoshopCS from school, and it dosen't have the aforementioned function either. Its a CS2 function. Damn.

11-21-2005, 04:26 AM
We can also play cheat and transform the lines 1 by 1. (50kb)

Lastly, hold CTRL while dragging to make a triangle shape.

11-21-2005, 07:18 AM
What kind of event is this, Sub?

11-21-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks again, aka. That got it working fine.