PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving Throwdown Debate Nominations

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 10:46 AM
ok guys , I want to organize a debate for around Thanksgiving (11/24/05) called the 2005 ICG Thanksgiving Throw Down. Please post what topic you would like to talk about, suggestions will be taken here and the first 4 topics that recieve 4-5 nominations will be added to be voted upon.

On November 20th we will open up the thread and ppl will msg us on which side they wish to join (Max 7 per side) and on November 24th the Thread will be unlocked and the debate will commense.

Debate will go for one (1) week and at the end of the week , the thread will be again closed and the moderators will determine which team had the best arguements.

Any political/social/economical topic is open to be suggested.

Note: Voting for the topic will take place on the 18th (in 3 days)

Note#2: As much as we love hearing from the admins and Super mods on topics we ask that Super Mods/Mods/Admins Wishing to participate register with Andover[yT] (limit 3 Super Mods/Mods/Admins per team , raising the total team count to 10 max)

Best of Luck
-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation

banana_sam
11-16-2005, 11:18 AM
Here's a spicy topic for you. "This House believes that education policy should be the responsibility of local authorities"

Have fun kids
-banana_sam
Not ICG Moderation

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 11:26 AM
ok, remember , the top 4 nominated topics will be voted upon.

Heres my Suggestion

Should the Troops be kept or Withdrawn from Iraq?

banana_sam
11-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Overused, how about "This House believes agreements made under unconstitutional governments are not binding"

That'd be fun... heh

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 11:36 AM
can u refrain from suggesting more than 1 topic, I will take that topic but I ask you dont suggest anymore (for the purposes of recording votes on nominations)

-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation

banana_sam
11-16-2005, 11:42 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Andover[yT]: That thread is if you wish to organize your own debate (which you are more than welcome to do) but this is for the debate being held by the ICG Moderation. Also you where warned about suggesting more than 2 topics.

Warning #1: 3 Warnings will result in being kicked out of the group for a time to be set by the Moderation staff.

-Andover[yT]
ICG moderation

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 11:47 AM
Can others besides Banana_Sam suggest a topic or give further nominations?

banana_sam
11-16-2005, 11:56 AM
---------------------------------------------------------------
Edited by Andover[yT}: Since you wanted this to be your 2nd warning then your second warning it shall be!

Warning #2: 1 more warning and you will be removed from the group for a set time to be determined by the Moderation of ICG.

-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation
----------------------------------------------------------------

Akazukin
11-16-2005, 11:57 AM
Edited by Andover[yT]: thats ok , since you chose 1 topic of those I wont warn you, I do, However suggest you make some of those into Threads for others to debate or possibly organize a debate with that being one of the topics.

-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation

Akazukin
11-16-2005, 12:02 PM
omg I have 1 warning already! :lol: sorry. I was thinking of topics since I read the first post.

edit : my suggested topic will be this one

"Do we rely too much on technology?"

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 01:10 PM
Akazukin , You have 0 warnings currently , you will know however when you recieve one since the mod will PM you if you are not online.

Banana_Sam: I suggest you stop posting in this thread , since you keep getting yourself into trouble. You have gotten 2 warnings. Dont make your 3rd be anything time.

-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation

On-Topic (not as a mod)

well , Lets start having some posts to give a 2nd-4th nomination on one of these 3 topics. Otherwise continue giving your suggestions (if you havent already) , 1 suggestion per person please.

magikmonky
11-16-2005, 02:07 PM
Edited by Your friendly ICG Mod: That was a very rude comment made towards a ICG Mod, Please show respect to the ICG moderation.

Warning #2: 1 more warning and you will be removed from this group for a time to be determined by the mods.

PS: I really need to copy and paste these warning msg's

-Andover[yT]
ICG Moderation

Pharnax
11-16-2005, 02:15 PM
']

On-Topic (not as a mod)
Suffering from schizophrenia are we?

I like how you edit all Banana's offensive posts :lol:

btw I like Akazukins suggestion: "Do we rely too much on technology?"

llafnwod
11-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Dear lord. When a rule you set is constantly disobeyed and is not critically important to the function of the forum, don't you think you should at least reconsider?
:lol: sorry.Don't be.

gamepin126
11-16-2005, 03:16 PM
I'd like to see him to warn a staff member.

Should schools enforce 'Cuts'. Should it be acceptable as long as they pass the class?

Andover[yT]
11-16-2005, 07:58 PM
1) As you can see on my edit Akazukin WASNT warned or anything.
2) We do refrain from editing/deleting posts from Admins (especially since thye can disband this group) or giving them warnings.
3)Green Mods and Purp Staff are fair game to being warned
4) Any further suggestions should be made here soon
5) If you are unable to edit your post and change suggestions, please PM me or Comradeslavik

Thanks
-Andover[yT]
ICG moderation